Are You Eligible For Home Improvement Tax Credits?
The energy tax credits give homeowners incentives to make energy-efficient improvements to their homes. These tax credits are a way for the federal government to help offset any costs of such repairs. A homeowner will be able to deduct these credits on their annual tax return and reduce any federal taxes that they may have to pay for that fiscal year.
The energy-efficient tax credits cover ten separate home improvement services. Those services are rebates, solar energy, roofs, doors, windows, skylights, insulation, biomass stoves, central a/c, water heaters, wind turbines, and geothermal heat pumps. Roofing, windows, and doors are the three main tax credit services that are offered by Reliable Window and Siding.
If you are a homeowner and plan on replacing or adding a new roof to your home, you may be eligible to qualify for an energy-efficient home improvement tax credit.These tax credits can be as much as 10 percent of the costs, not including installation costs. Find out if you qualify.
Can my roof be eligible for a tax deduction?
- The home receiving the new roof must be the primary residence.
- The home receiving the new roof can NOT be a new home or a rental.
- The roof that is considered eligible is reflective roofs.
- The roof that is not considered eligible is simple coatings.
Windows, Doors, and Skylights
Are my windows, doors, and/or skylights eligible for a tax deduction?
- Replacing old windows, doors and/or skylights are one way to save big on energy costs. Windows, doors, and skylights that are energy-star rated can prevent heat loss in cooler weather and help maintain cooler temperatures during the warmer months.
- Would I be eligible for window, door, and/or skylight tax deductions?
- In order to be eligible, all tax credits are for your primary residence.
- It must be a home improvement job on an existing home, not for a new home or a rental.
- All replacement windows, doors, or skylights must be Energy Star-Certified products.
As things move forward, and energy savings continue to increase, homeowners all around the country will save more and more. Being familiar with how you can benefit off of the tax credit incentives is crucial in getting the most out of your money and product.